Monday, April 07, 2008

30 Days :: Thirteen

30 Days :: Thirteen


There are pictures of the babies over at Flickr because part of the 30 Days was to document this month before they turn ONE(!) but today I chose this picture because it tasted so durn good. I was going to make this cake yesterday, but as things go, by afternoon I was wiped. Well, last night I actually had a good night of sleep (ahhh, 6 hours. Amen.) and it gave me the uumph to bake today.

I fell in love with this cake recipe, found via Jennifer at JC Handmade. It tastes good plain, but even better with a swirl of ganache with a bit of berry on top. It garnered top reviews from the family and the babies (who ate their sans choc-choc as they have yet to acquire the taste). It reminded me that I do love the kitchen, though it has been a challenge to get in and out of it in the past year (and a half, if you count the pregnancy). And it just made me feel good. Mmmmmmmm, cake.

The boys also ingested a bit of bark and dirt as they have taken to outdoor exploration and still linger in the phase of everything in mouth first. How long does that last, eh?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that cake looks so delish! I've really been enjoying your 30 Days posts, BTW. :) The hoodies are looking SO cute!

Dawn Johnson Warren said...

Sometime after their first birthday our guys stopped putting everything in the mouth as much. Don't get me wrong, it still goes in there, including mud from a puddle a few weeks ago when I took them outside to check out rain for the first time. But it's not the first thing they do with everything any longer so taking them outside is a lot easier.

spajonas said...

mmmmmm, that cake looks super delicious!

Anonymous said...

That cake looks wonderful and the babies are so cute. Our kiddos are very much into the "everything in the mouth right now please". UGH

I am not looking forward to the eating dirt stage.