Thursday, August 07, 2008

Disqualified

So, I have disqualified myself from the Ravelympics. I am that one that they discovered doping before the Opening Ceremony.

I meant to swatch last night. Just to make sure I got gauge. I even put down the swatch and made a few stitch markers that the pattern called for. But I could not leave it. I am on Row 26 of a 68 row pattern. I just cannot stop. But I had to come here and confess.
Busted
I have a few excuses lined up to provide explanation. First, the yarn. Oh this yarn is a luxury, smooth and almost silky. Just about the nicest thing I have knit with in quite some time. Then there is the pattern' it is way too addictive. Little yarnover holes magically lining up, growing so quickly, pretty pretty pretty. Third, I have never been good with rules. Even ones I set arbitrarily on myself. I just cannot play along well.
Disqualified

The redeeming factor in this all is one I stated above. I am on Row 26 of 68 rows (minus an ending border). So I would have been through the piece before the Tuesday premiere of gymnastic competition. Not the best choice for a knit that was meant to challenge one to finish in 12 days...not if this one is going to take 3 or 4. I thought because it was lace and so very pretty in these pictures of Carrieoke on her wedding day, well, I just thought it would take a little bit more time.

Now, I gotta go. Finale of SYTYCD is on and my knitting is calling. There is a chance WEBS will deliver this by Monday and I could cast on for the most popular knit in the world. But, you know WEBS. If it does some I think that is the next project up. I think I will love the Cascade Venezia as much as the RCY.

Thanks for hearing my confession. Now, back to the knit.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

It is so addictive, isn't it? and it goes surprisingly fast, you are so right. It looks gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!

Threeundertwo said...

LOL what an addict. Can't stop with just a swatch.

Funny post. Now I want to go find some of that yarn too.

Gabrielle said...

That's so funny! I am very impressed with the speed of your knitting especially with such a beautiful lacy pattern - that would definitely take me all of the olympics and probably several months more!

Anonymous said...

Could you please let me know where to find the pattern for that lovely shawl?
Thanks,
gnk